Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our New Edition

As I'm sure all of you know by now, Justin and I have a brand new edition. In about the middle of May I found out that I was pregnant. I was so excited and couldn't wait to inform Justin but he was working until about 11 that night. So I spent the rest of the day talking to my tummy and praying that Justin would come home soon. I ended up taking a picture of the test and put it as his background on his computer. Well that night when he came home, I had him turn it on and he saw it. His response? "So, you're pregnant? Well, come give me a hug." Not quite the romantic tear-filled reaction I had throught it would be. In retrospect, I really shouldn't have told him that late at night, but he's really excited about it. He's going to make a great daddy and I can't wait for him to get that chance.

I went to the dr. to get it confirmed and he told me I was 4 weeks and 5 days so we waited until that weekend to tell our parents. We told his parents by getting a onesie and writing "Aunt Hannah" on the back and putting it on Hannah. Robin seemed to really like that. Then it was close to my dad's birthday so in the card we wrote "love, Karen, Justin and Baby E." Everyone was really excited because it's the first grandbaby for each side. I think they're all going to make wonderful grandparents. And I know that the baby will be spoiled with love by everyone.

As far as what's happening in my tummy (cause I know ya'll want to know lol) I'm not really sure. We've had a couple appointments. At the last one, that Justin was lucky enough to go to, we got to hear the heartbeat for a little bit. That was really exciting because it made it feel real. Besides that, I'm 13 weeks now (I change every Thurs) and have gotten past "morning sickness." It was about once a day that I got to enjoy all that the name entailed. So far I've lost about 18 pounds. We had issues with insurance so we finally got that settled and now I'm going to Laurel and seeing the midwife, Jodie McCraken. Tomorrow we have our first appointment with her so hopefully we'll get to hear the heartbeat again and maybe get the first ultrasound set up. I can't wait to see it so I know Lulu is really in there.

This blog is going to change. Before it was just about the two of us going through life and now it's about us as a family. I'm so happy that the Lord has blessed us with this little one and I'm honored that He would give us the chance to be parents. It is my constant prayer that the baby will be normal and healthy, as far as any child is, and more importantly that we will be good Christian parents and can raise him or her in the path of the Lord. I hope you all enjoy keeping updated as we go through this journey to parenthood.

No comments: