Sunday, August 28, 2011

Where Does The Time Go?

So much has happened since the last time I updated. My summer was taken over by the incessent push of two online classes condensed into a shorter amount of time. I feel as if I've missed some of the most important moments of my babies' lives but at the same time, I know that in the end this will help us all to have a somewhat better life. And that's what makes our snuggles even more special and priceless than they already are. The twins are growing so fast and are now 8 months old! I remember yelling at my husband for picking out the wrong pants for me to wear to rush into the hospital on Christmas Eve morning and then hearing the tiny cries of the most precious babies. And now I look at them. Where 8 months ago, neither had hair, teeth or chubby legs, all that has changed; well for Seth anyway. He's rocking the blonde hair and two goober teeth. And those legs, oh his legs! Such little chunks haha. Lucia on the other hand is still looking like an old man with no hair or teeth. Poor little princess :-( But oh, when she smiles she lights up the world. They both do. No matter what's happening, when they smile and their eyes sparkle, you can't help but smile and hold them that much tighter. They're moving along the floor now so no more relaxing for Mommy and Daddy. Seth pulls himself along while Lucia has a motor in her butt that propels her faster than we could have ever imagined. Lucia is fairly quiet. Oh, she babbles and coos and laughs when you get lucky, but overall she is content with observing the world in which she now inhabits. This, however, cannot be said of the Man Child. No, Seth doesn't care to observe. Instead, he feels the need to be heard and be heard again and again. No longer does he have the quiet voice of the child I knew the first week of Christmas last year. No, now each scream tries to top the one before. And he shows no discrimination. Instead, he fills the world with noise, happy not upset screaming, at the house, at the grocery store, at church, especially during the prayers...makes no real difference to him. His blue eyes sparkle like ice on a lake and they remind me so much of my grandmother who passed away only two weeks before their birth. He also still has his Angel Kiss that I'm convinced she gave her little Gene. And when all is said and done, it's time for bed ~ one of my favorite and worst parts of the day. The worst, in some ways, is that while the babies love to play with Daddy during the day, it's Mommy's arms that they want to fall asleep in. Well, they haven't grasped the concept that Mommy can only snuggle one to sleep at a time. We've tried it all together, but they push each other too much for prime real estate, that it just doesn't happen. So while it's hard to hear the other one upset and the fact that from 8-10 I can do absolutely nothing else, I also love it. We rock in the chair, hum soft lullabies and watch as their eyes drift closed. With a tender kiss and an "I love you," I lay each one down in their cribs, say the "Now I lay me down" prayer, whipser my love again and leave their room for the night. And I know that someday they'll be too big for me to rock in my arms like that, but I never want that day to come. I love the fact that I'm so loved and needed by these miraculous blessings. That God loves me enough to entrust Justin and I with the caring of his children. My constant prayer is that we can show them the right way to live and how to bless His name in everything they do.

No comments: