Thursday, February 17, 2011

Watching them change

Our beautiful cousin demand that I share the happenings of this crazy life with you all this week so here it goes.
It’s been about 5 weeks since we were blessed with the arrival of our twins and I’m loving every minute of it. Well, ok. Maybe those times during the dead of night when only weirdos and ax-wielding maniacs are up, but yet I still set with my loves, does and they’re perfect and I know that even in those late nights/early mornings that I am indeed blessed and take joy in knowing that. Schoolwork has been harder because even though I am able to stay home all day and work on it, Seth and Lucia come first. Besides, I much rather gaze at my lil ones than rate the site based on ITERS or write running records. Justin has been helping out with all that though. We love having him home with us all day now! We enjoy just setting here looking at our little blessings.
Lucia is continuing to show her diva attitude. While neither believe they should ever be put down for more than a second, she makes her wishes known loud and clear. It’s fun to watch her start to get upset because her brows come together and her bottom lip slowly juts out before the crying begins. It’s during this time most people have commented that she looks like me. Huh, doesn’t sound like the nicest comment but sadly I can see it as well ;-) She sleeps with her mouth open like a little fly-catcher. Right now Lucia has dark slate colored eyes that take in the world around her. I wonder if she’ll have dark eyes like mine. She started to hold her head up before Seth and loves to rock out with Daddy. She is truly his angel.
Seth’s personality is revealing itself more. He is awake more now and just stares with his giant ice blue eyes. He’s going to need to grow into those suckers lol. When he cries he revs up from a couple little spurts to full-blown freak out. He has more hair than Lucia but it’s around the back of his head like Grandpa J Seth has gotten so much bigger than Lucia and you can feel it the most when rocking him. He makes me laugh more than anyone else by just looking at his faces. Oh my little man…
We love watching these two and seeing how their personalities are emerging. They’re just so different that you can’t help but be amazed. I’m really not wanting to return to work. I’m going to miss spending my days with two of the loves of my life. These days are going so quickly that I can’t imagine what the future holds.

No comments: